Pages

Welcome

You are invited to share with me the Joy there is in creating Art. I mean the "I can do it" and "it's fun" and "it's beautiful" kind of art, whether it is "museum quality" or not. Here you will find some of what I like to do and, I hope, share some of your joy, too.

Welcome to my blog, Rae Ann.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Little Scrap Pieces, Card Patterns & Anything Goes Challenges

I really like this little round card.  I like the sketch at Card Patterns and I decided to make it mostly in blues for the Little Scrap Pieces Challenge.  It fits well with the Anything Goes Challenge, too; 'For the One I Love.'


The base is on cream colored cardstock and the rose was made from a parchment-looking paper.  They were distressed with Wild Honey and Vintage Photo Distress Inks.  The base was cut from the Cricut Graphically Speaking cartridge at 4.5 inches.  The big circle and the five petaled flower that made up the rose were cut from the Cricut George & Basic Shaped cartridge.  The leaves were cut from the Cricut Picturesque cartridge.  I like finding elements from different cartridges to work together.  The center strip is two layers of a Martha Stewart border cut with a piece of edging I found at JoAnn's in between.  The dashes, pearls, and odds and ends finished it off.  I really like it.

Visit these challenges at:
Card Patterns
Little Scrap Pieces
Anything Goes Challenge

Happy Creating.
Rae Ann

6 comments:

  1. Hi Rae Ann I am so flatter you did mostly blues for my challenge so glad you did your card is just beautiful. The flower are striking and I love the shape of the card. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty- I love how you did the flower!!! :)Amy
    http://amyscraftingspace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the shape of this card and the flowers are lovely, thanks for playing at anything go this week hugs Trace x dt

    ReplyDelete
  4. A pretty and elegant card!
    Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes!
    Hugs Annette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card ! Love the flowerThanks for joining us at Cardpatterns this week

    ReplyDelete