Pages

Welcome

You are invited to share with me the Joy there is in creating Art. I mean the "I can do it" and "it's fun" and "it's beautiful" kind of art, whether it is "museum quality" or not. Here you will find some of what I like to do and, I hope, share some of your joy, too.

Welcome to my blog, Rae Ann.

Monday, March 26, 2012

"Welcome" at Bitten by the Bug 2

It's been days since I've had a chance to make something and post, but I'm back now.

When I first read the "Welcome" theme I immediately thought of 'welcome home'.  And who more appropriate to welcome home than our servicemen so that's what I decided to make.

This is a 5 x 7 card.  Most of the cuts comes from the Cricut Lite cartridge, Handy Man.  The home I modified by adding the window treatments.  The words were both part of other phrases but I cut them off to use them here.  The tree I also modified by cutting it down a little.  It comes from the Everyday Paper Dolls cartridge.

Although I have a nephew in the service he is in the States at this time.  I feel for those whose loved ones are far away and missed.  I think the yellow ribbon, the flag, and the child peeking out the window summarize the pride and longing families have for their loved one to come home.  I hope they all come home safely.

To see more entries at Bitten by the Bug 2, click here.

Happy creating.
Rae Ann

8 comments:

  1. Rae Ann, this is wonderful. I love the color treatment and entire layout. Thank you for joining us at BBTB2.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just cute as can be. Great job. Thanks for sharing with us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! It kinda got me teary eyed. Fabulous idea and execution. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a great idea and I have to say I just love everything about this! I love Handyman for the houses and I love that you added the window coverings, yellow ribbon and the flag, and of course the little one peeking out the window, too cute! So glad that you shared with us over at BBTB2 for the Welcome challenge, you rocked it!
    ((Hugs)) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful. I cannot believe all of the details you included; great work!!! Thank you for sharing this wonderful project with us at BBTB2!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is a wonderful card! I love everything about it! Thanks so much for joining us at BBTB2
    Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohmygosh. How cute is that?! Wonderful details. Love Dora peeking out the window. Thanks for linking up at BBTB2. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rae Ann, this is adorable! I love the lil' girl peeking out the window, the yellow ribbon, the flag..... you've done a wonderful job with the challenge.
    I am now a follower and would love if you popped over to my blog and see if you'd like to follow me.
    hugs,
    Michelle
    http://wanderingscissors.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete