Pages

Welcome

You are invited to share with me the Joy there is in creating Art. I mean the "I can do it" and "it's fun" and "it's beautiful" kind of art, whether it is "museum quality" or not. Here you will find some of what I like to do and, I hope, share some of your joy, too.

Welcome to my blog, Rae Ann.

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Cherry Blossom by Sherri Baldy Art

Hello!  I'm squeezing under the wire with this one.  Since I bought this one I won the gift certificate given by the Hoosier Stamper and was able to get 8 more Sherri Baldy digis.  I'm having fun!!!

The Besties Challenge #7 requires 2 kinds of patterned paper.  Originally there was a patterned paper under Cherry Blossom but she was just the right size to cover it up.  Then, I realized that I used patterned papers in the embellishments, too.  The branches on the sides (I think of them as Japanese maple) are made from a patterned woodgrain paper and the leaves are also from a red pattern I found in my stash.  The Kanji word for Beauty (cut from Cricut's Pagoda cartridge) is also from patterned paper.  I colored her with distress markers.  Here she is:

I think she's a sweetheart.
Go to the Besties Challenge to see all the entries and have fun creating.
Rae Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment