Pages

Welcome

You are invited to share with me the Joy there is in creating Art. I mean the "I can do it" and "it's fun" and "it's beautiful" kind of art, whether it is "museum quality" or not. Here you will find some of what I like to do and, I hope, share some of your joy, too.

Welcome to my blog, Rae Ann.

Monday, April 8, 2013

It's a New Challenge at Exploring Cricut

Welcome to our newest challenge.  For this one we ask you to create a card, layout, or project that contains AT LEAST one button, two cricut cuts, and 3 colors of paper, with an emphasis on SPRING.

I created this step card.  Flowers were the first thing that came to mind, especially tulips, and then I thought of flying kites.

The button is the decoration in her hair.
I used cuts from 5 different cartridges:
     the girl is from Paper Doll Teen Scene
     the tulips are from Spring Cottage
     the fence is from Paper Doll Dress Up
     the grass and kite are from Everyday Paper Dolls
     and, the phrase "flying HIGH" is from 3 Birds on Parade.
Most of the papers are from Recollection packs.
The kite is on a piece of wire which I attached to the backs of the cuts with Glossy Accents.

I really like how it turned out.
I can't wait to see what your project will be.  Go to Exploring Cricut to see what the rest of the design team has done.  Then, enter your creation, too.
Have fun creating.
Rae Ann

9 comments:

  1. Rae Ann, This card is so detailed and so beautiful. I would love to make this for my Niece. It looks like her. I love it!
    Your DT member Kathy U:)

    http://kathy213-kathyscorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is fabulous! Thanks for always being a creative part of our DT at Exploring Cricut, you are so appreciated!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful, love the layers upon layers you added. I haven't seen much of the Teen Scene Paper Dolls and this is terrific. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty card. I love how you used that button in her hair.

    Hope you will stop by and link up at Craftin Desert Divas “Button” Linky Party.
    Tara
    Craftin Desert Diva's

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just beautiful! I have always wanted to try a step card. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this step card! I love all the bright colors you chose and the button is perfect in her hair:)

    Annette
    My Mind's Dust Bunnies

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous step card Rae Ann! You did a wonderful job! thanks for sharing!
    Have a great day!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful!!! I so love the whole scene Rae Ann!! From the kite to those great tulips!!! Awesome card!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you did the wire on the kite and the whole little scene! This is so fun to look at!!! And I LOVE the button in her hair :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete