Pages

Welcome

You are invited to share with me the Joy there is in creating Art. I mean the "I can do it" and "it's fun" and "it's beautiful" kind of art, whether it is "museum quality" or not. Here you will find some of what I like to do and, I hope, share some of your joy, too.

Welcome to my blog, Rae Ann.

Monday, April 1, 2013

My Monday at Exploring Cricut

Hello, again.  I hope everyone who celebrates Easter had a very happy and blessed day.

For today's project I wanted to do a quick and simple card because of the many things going on around the holiday.  For as simple as it looks it was more tricky than I expected, but I like how it turned out.

The cartridge I used was Spring Cottage.  There are other flowers on this cartridge as well: tulips, a hyacinth, and a group of blue flowers- but I wanted the daffodils to coax spring into really coming.
I did some pattern piecing to get the stems different from the leaves.  Everything was edged with vintage photo distress ink.  I used the cuttlebug embossing folder, Victoria.  The sentiment is from a Papertrey set, stamped with vintage photo ink.  At first I planned on a plain ribbon and bow but it didn't look right to me so I got out the glitz; a bow would've looked overdone so I just edged it with a thin piece of the same paper I used for the leaves.  I am happy with it and it makes me think 'spring'.

Thank you for looking in.  Please continue to visit Exploring Cricut each day for great inspiration. Join us next Monday for another challenge.

Happy creating.
Rae Ann

5 comments:

  1. Lovely card Rae Ann, TFS!
    Have a wonderful day!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful springy card. The inking and paper piecing worked just perfectly together. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so very pretty Rae Ann!! I so love the daffodils and the embossing is great!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. An adorable card. It just makes ya happy. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete